Tuesday 27 September 2011

weird and wonderful


I must admit i don't exactly know the definition of weird and i probably should by now, seeing 
 as i have been called it enough times.
I am not sure why i get called weird, but i do and so do the people i hang around with. Now i am getting called weird by people who don't know me and my best friends.
I heard people that don't know me think i am weird because of the way i dress, which seriously confuses me because i don't have an outrageously odd fashion sense, although i wish i did :)
I don't have extreme hair or piercings all over my face. So i don't get what they think of when they call me weird.

My friends think i am weird because of the way i am. Though my friends aren't meaning it offensively and i think other people are.
So when i was younger i tried to not be weird, i dressed how everyone else would dress and on non - school uniform days i would wear what i thought was acceptable.
However when i went into sixth form and we wore our own clothes i started developing a different attitude to not care what others said about me.

And on top of that i used to call people weird and i meant it as a bad thing, which is wrong but i did do it when i was younger.
And when i called them weird it was because they were people who stuck to their group of friends and didn't really socialize. Those people would be rather childish and still like disney and such, and i thought that was really weird seeing as they were being taunted by the people who thought they were weird, and they just didn't care.

Later on at school i became friends with those people i called 'wierd' and they are weird, but a good weird, they are cool and confident people who teach you how to not care.
That's when i gradually started forgetting about what those people thought you should wear and behave like and i did my own thing.
I even took it a bit too overboard sometimes, my main example was my year 11 prom. 
Of goodness i wish i could go back in time and have a sly word with myself.
You see everyone was talking about getting a tan and dresses that cost hundreds of pounds, with shoes and tiara's and i realized i wasn't into that at all.
So i bought a £40 dress from New Look and then shoes which were probably £10 or £20 and then some cheap jewelry.
The most amount of money i spent was on my hair, i went to a local hairdressers and had it curled and dyed, it cost £85 and i am happy to say it was the last time i will go to a hairdressers.
(now i dye my hair myself and i let my best friend cut it, risky but it works)
I got home and looked in the mirror to find my hair was curled, yes, but i have naturally curly hair and there was literally no difference. And i couldn't tell where the dye was.
My main aim at prom was to look completely different to everyone else, so instead of a tiara i wore a mini hat on a headband.
Everyone said it was really 'me' but i disagree, i looked horrendous and hilarious. On my next prom i am going to play it a little differently.


To finish off what i am trying to say, i mean that i aim now to be seen as weird and i am automatically attracted to those who are weird too.
And if someone called me weird with a sour tone i wouldn't see it as an insult, but as a compliment,
I mean come on, my biggest inspiration is Lady GaGa and she is 100% weird. I believe weird people are wonderful and creative people who know how to be themselves.
And i hope that one day those people that frown upon anything out-of-the ordinary will one day relax and be more open minded to the weird people out there :)



No comments:

Post a Comment