Friday 2 September 2011

Believing


If you don't believe in yourself, who the hell is gonna?
This is something i like to ask myself when i am feeling like i can't achieve my goals.

I have constantly been shot down when i have told people about my dream of being a best selling author and this is how i see it, the more people that criticize you the more likely you are to prove them wrong. Because if you are being told what you want is impossible or you are incapable the more you want to achieve it. 

The most important thing is the first step to success is believing in yourself, this is true because if you don't believe that you can achieve want you want then how are you ever going to achieve it?
Now the book i have wrote; and i am continuing to develop and change, i first thought of when i was 13-years-old and i am now 18-years-old and i still have the biggest faith in that book becoming a best seller than i ever have had.
This isn't because i am big headed or think my writing is top shit, it's just that when the people put me down nobody else is going to say, stand the hell back up.

And we all know it takes one minor comment to put a person down, even a 'yeah right' can destroy you momentarily. However it's that self confidence that turns that disappointment within you to a you just wait and see.


Therefore i constantly touch wood, wish upon a star or prey to whoever is listening and most of all keep telling myself that one day i will finally be in my element and doing exactly what i am best at.

Of course i have a few stepping stones to cross before i reach that, but the journey is the thing people ask you about when you have achieved, so that needs to be just as great.

My stepping stones.
1. Finish sixth form
2. Get together a portfolio of my writing
3. Go to university and study creative writing
4. Begin my writing
5. keep myself alive whilst i am writing
6. Make it happen

One of the things i say the most is "When i am famous for my writing you are going to wish you were nicer to me"
Of course this is humorous because of who i say it to, but i mean it :)


Stay hopeful ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment