Wednesday 19 October 2011

Best Friends and Boyfriends


This post i am writing is about something that has been affecting me a lot recently.
I have two best friends Rose and Lucy, we are completely different people but we get along really well, we all used to work together until me and Lucy quit where we worked before.
The problem is we all have boyfriends.
I have been going out with my boyfriend for just over nine months and then Rose got her boyfriend in May and Lucy just the other month.

Whilst me and Lucy were at leeds festival there was the first issue, i had gone looking for my boyfriend one night but couldn't find him so i went back to our tent.
I had informed Lucy where i was going to check if it was okay and she was on the phone to her boyfriend and seemed fine with it.
When i got in the tent she was there getting into her sleeping bag and she shouted really harshly at me about how i put my boyfriend first and make no time for anybody else.
I proved to her how that wasn't true and spent the rest of the time there not daring to ask if i could go find him.

I was deeply hurt by what she has said because i make a huge point that boyfriends aren't everything and you don't know how long it will last no matter how good the relationship and i would never dream of turning my back on my best friends just because of a boy.

Of course it doesn't help that Lucy doesn't really like my boyfriend and he doesn't like her at all, but they don't know that and they get along fine when they're together.

And now everything is totally different.
This time last year just Rose had a boyfriend - not the one she is with now - but he was at uni so it never stepped in the way. We were always together buying takeaways and watching films, going for drinks and all sorts whereas now it's very rare i see them outside of school/work.

My main issue was that Rose and Lucy both go to school with their boyfriends and they are always with them, so most of the time i am alone and it really upsets me because people don' t talk to me as much when i am not with them.
I was feeling really down one day so told Rose and she stopped ignoring me when he boyfriend was there and now i am always with Rose at school.
However Lucy has really changed, since being with her boyfriend she only talks to me about work or to complain about her boyfriend.
She will stop half way through a conversation and go somewhere with him.
She never asks me to do anything.
She has decided not to go to university anymore.
And she hardly ever comes to school.
Also on my way to work last night i saw her and her boyfriend and then today found out she had been asked to go to work and told them she couldnt.

That made me snap and i shouted at her a little bit about it, she was shocked and then she left. I text her saying that it did come from somewhere because she is different.
I told her it was since she has been with her boyfriend and i haven't spoken to her since.

I'd like to tell her how i feel and that i am really disappointed that she shouted at me for it and now she is doing it to the extreme.
When i get the chance i am going to sort it out and hopefully arrange once a month that we all go do something together NO BOYFRIENDS.
Rose is having a house party on Friday so hopefully she will come there and i can get a chance to talk to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment